Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default corned beef

Last night's dinner was corned beef with all the fixings. I hate
boiled vegetables, so I roasted mine. I forgot I didn't have potatoes,
so that meant I didn't tell hubby to pick some up for me when he was
out on his walk. Enter sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes), which
make an excellent potato substitute.

Fast forward to this morning - time for corned beef hash! Hubby is the
breakfast cook. I told him not to use the cabbage, because I don't
like it in hash - so he used everything else and it was terrific! I
wanted two eggs (heavy on the pepper) this morning because I was
hungry. You can barely see the hash hiding underneath them, but it's
there.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/k38vmx.jpg

--

sf