Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Which ham for Easter?

On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 14:05:54 -0700 (PDT), Nellie
> wrote:

> I've always, for the past twenty-five years or so, gotten a Honeybaked ham but for the last couple of years it has not been good.
>
> So, I am in search of a ham to cook, slice, and bring with us. I have Lunardis, Nob Hill/Raley's, and all the national chains available to me. I will probably go with Lunardis, where I buy all my meat, and can get baking instructions from them.
>
> However, any additional hints as to cooking a ham would be appreciated as I haven't done one in many years.

Just remember that hams are already cooked and you're just warming it
up. Do NOT cook it very long or you will dry it out and it will be
awful. If you're looking for a spiral ham, the grocery store usually
has them. IMO, they're best for buffet type situations because all
you need to do is make slits to portion the slices out.

--

sf