Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Which ham for Easter?

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 00:27:49 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 22:23:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> Fresh ham will be with the rest of the pork if available. It is a pork
>> roast, not at all like a cured ham.

>I have never seen a fresh ham in my life. It's not a West Coast
>"thing". She could ask Lunardi's and they might be able to get it for
>her, but fresh ham is plain pork... so what? Might as well, buy a
>shoulder or a roast and cook that.

West coast thang, you're in Frisco, the worst chow on the planet, the
very worst by far! When I lived in So. Cal it was easy to find fresh
ham, a favorite meat cut of Mexicans. LA has much better restaurants
than Frisco, like night and day, Frisco is the land of TIAD. Don't
ever go to fisherman's wharf to eat, rip off city. There are better
restaurants in Idaho than anywhere in Calyfornia. CA doesent even
have a decent Chinatown, Toronto is much better... actually Canada has
far better restaurants than CA, nowhere in CA beats the Peg.