Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy[_6_] Judy[_6_] is offline

Default Which ham for Easter?

On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 1:06:01 PM UTC-8, Nellie wrote:
> I've always, for the past twenty-five years or so, gotten a Honeybaked ham but for the last couple of years it has not been good.
>
> So, I am in search of a ham to cook, slice, and bring with us. I have Lunardis, Nob Hill/Raley's, and all the national chains available to me. I will probably go with Lunardis, where I buy all my meat, and can get baking instructions from them.
>
> However, any additional hints as to cooking a ham would be appreciated as I haven't done one in many years.
>
> TIA
>
> Nellie

We usually have turkey and all the trimmings for
Easter instead of ham, as DD and I don't actually
care for it that much, although hubby does, but he
doesn't complain about having turkey.

I do occasionally like a cold ham sandwich, but
could go a long time without one. I've had so many
hams that are stringy, fatty and WAAAAAY too salty!
If I'm going to cook a ham, it has to be Jerry's
double smoked ham from a local meat market. He does
an excellent job, but you pay through the nose for
one too...although it is worth it, if going to buy
a ham.

Judy