Posted to rec.food.cooking
JBurns JBurns is offline

Default OT, sort of: Opening store produce bags

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 14:39:30 -0700 (PDT), Nellie
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 2:32:45 PM UTC-7, Janet B wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:53:59 -0700, sf > wrote:

>> >Did you know that the germ killing ability of those gels lasts only
>> >two minutes?

>> Did you know that washing your hands under running water does a better
>> job than any sanitizers?
>> Janet US

>On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 2:32:45 PM UTC-7, Janet B wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:53:59 -0700, sf > wrote:

>> >Did you know that the germ killing ability of those gels lasts only
>> >two minutes?

>> Did you know that washing your hands under running water does a better
>> job than any sanitizers?
>> Janet US

>Yep, I only use hand sanitizers as a last resort such as if there is no water available and I have just touched some icky thing. I have never used the sanitizers in the supermarket either. I just wash my hands when I get home. I haven't been sick in many years. I do wash my hands frequently when out and about.
>
>Nellie

Nothing substitutes for hand washing. A couple of years ago my young
grand-daughters were staying over and both came down with a nasty case
of gastro (picked up at day care). Everyone in the house came down
with it (2 older grandsons and one son) except for my husband and I
because we were simply extra vigilant with the hand and surface
washing, and we were the ones cleaning up the the explosive vomit and
diarrhea.

JB