Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Salad Dressing

On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 6:00:53 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:

> Anyone who says Ranch dressing is low fat is talking out their ass!

The ranch dressing I make is buttermilk with smashed garlic,
minced herbs, and salt and pepper. The Joy of Cooking recipe,
more or less, but without adding mayonnaise or sour cream.

The buttermilk I buy is 9 grams of fat per cup, or a little more
than 1 gram for the 2 tablespoons I typically use. Not too
shabby.

The thinner the dressing, the better the coverage on the salad.

I prefer vinaigrette, generally, but ranch is nice for a change
once in a while.

Cindy Hamilton