Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Salad Dressing

"Bryan-TGWWW" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 5:00:53 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 17:43:08 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>> >If you want rich and creamy without the fat you should consider Ranch
>> >dressing. It is made with buttermilk, which is low fat.

>> Anyone who says Ranch dressing is low fat is talking out their ass!
>>

> And the fat in it is mostly high omega 6, from the cheap-ass soy oil the
> manufacturers use to save a few pennies a bottle. Dave is clueless about
> dietary fats.

I have a pasta salad recipe that I got back in the 1970's that calls for
Wishbone Italian dressing. The person who gave me the recipe told me to
make sure only to buy that brand as no other tasted as good.

I don't know what Wishbone put in their dressing in those days but it
certainly isn't what is put now. I first noticed the difference just by
sight. The dressing looked different. And it was! Soybean and Canola
Oils. Yuck!