Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Enchiladas

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 4:22:37 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "rosie" > wrote in message
>> On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 6:24:34 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > I foolishly bought a bag of rotisserie chicken off the bone from
>> > Costco.
>> > One person in this house has refused to eat it, even though she has
>> > never
>> > tried it. I have bought rotisserie chickens (from other stores) twice,
>> > although not in recent years and nobody liked them. I can't eat this
>> > stuff
>> > either. Has either corn or potato in it, in the form of starch. The
>> > person
>> > who is refusing to eat it is also refusing to eat any enchiladas I
>> > might
>> > make. This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the
>> > really
>> > good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
>> > but
>> > she won't.
>> >
>> > I have made a lot of enchiladas over the years in a variety of ways and
>> > she
>> > has managed to hate them all. OTOH, I have always liked what I made.
>> > Husband usually likes them so... I found a recipe that calls for using
>> > cottage cheese inside. I also have excess cottage cheese because...
>> > It
>> > was
>> > being eaten like crazy until I bought a large amount of it at Costco.
>> > And
>> > now it isn't getting eaten.
>> >
>> > Has anyone made chicken enchiladas with cottage cheese in them? I have
>> > since found different varieties of recipes but the one I think I will
>> > use
>> > calls for the cottage cheese to be mixed with sour cream and some
>> > seasonings. I will have to figure out what to do with the chicken
>> > though
>> > as
>> > the recipe calls for me to cook the chicken with taco seasoning. Since
>> > have pre-cooked chicken, that won't work. It does call for chilies. I
>> > only
>> > have mild ones. Perhaps I will look for hot ones. Husband likes
>> > spicy.
>> >
>> > And then, I will stick the rest of the chicken in the freezer and try
>> > find some other use for it. She who will not eat it will also not eat
>> > things like pot pie, soup or chicken and noodles. So I guess I am SOL
>> > on
>> > that front.

>> To answer your question, I know nothing about chicken enchiladas with
>> cottage cheese in them. They may exist and be very good, I have just not
>> heard of them. As for uses of the chicken, do not know if your family
>> likes
>> it, but chicken and dumplings is usually a hit in my house. Good luck.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> That is a food that I used to like but given my food intolerances, not
> [...]

It's people like you that I would like to smack around quite a bit. Food
intolerances don't go away. You wouldn't want to spend most of your life in
the bathroom, would you? Or clawing at your skin until it was bleeding. Or
going to the Dr. because of ear and sinus infections. Or wondering why your
blood sugar was so high. That's what certain foods do to me. Daughter has
food intolerances too. Just not necessarily the same as mine. Husband does
not but he does have gout.

I grew up in a household of picky eaters and my mom has food intolerances.
Making or cooking three different meals is no big deal to me. In fact is
one reason why we mostly went out to eat when I was growing up. There was
no such rule that if something was on the table you had to eat it. I would
never ever subject anyone to that.

I assumed that I would be able to turn this chicken into something she would
eat. I assumed wrong. I will get husband to eat it. He's not picky.