Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default OT, sort of: Opening store produce bags

Sqwertz wrote:
>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>KenK wrote:
>>> How do you open one of those plastic produce bags in the food market
>>> without wetting your fingertips in your mouth? I hate to do this - fingers
>>> get dirty in stores.
>>>
>>> I'm just an old worrywart?

>> Well, yes. But you might try touching the produce first.
>> It's often damp enough to transfer just enough to your
>> fingers to open the bag.

>Ewww! Don't be fondling my potential produce just so you can wet your
>dirty fingers!

Normal people wash their produce when they get it home... who knows
how many filthy Austin tex mex ass wipe fingers touched it since it
was harvested in the field, dwarf?

Normal people wet their fingers on the piece of produce they are
buying, or they wait 10 seconds for the spritzers to spray their
fingers. With lots of produce sold by weight like leaf lettuce I make
sure to shake off the extra water, the clinging water can weigh more
than the lettuce. I always place the bags of produce in my cart open
end down so that they can drain while I continue shopping, and then
give them a good shake at the check out before they're weighed. The
markets are cheating shoppers by charging them like $1.89/lb for
clinging water.