Gregory Morrow

Nancy Young wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
> > I've rarely if ever seen Texas toast in Chicago. I guess Torontans are

just
> > more sophisticated than we are ;---)

> I have only seen Texas toast in cheapo steak places where you got a
> tray and lined up for your food. Cafeteria style. Ponderosa
> comes to mind. I didn't even know Texas toast from a hole in the
> wall until some broke boyfriend started bringing me there.

Same here, I think I've also seen it at places like Denny's and such....

> Then again, I didn't know what pu pu platter was, either. Different
> restaurant.

IIRC the pu pu platter has a better pedigree - it was first dreamed up by
the owner of Trader Vic's years ago as a "Polynesian" specialty. If he had
really wanted to be authentic he would have served taro root, Spam, and
Uncle Ben's rice with gravy, all of which are staples of "South Seas"
cuisine, lol.....

--
Best
Greg