Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default An easy quick meals For Dinner Tonight - Taco Salad

On Sunday, February 22, 2015 at 2:24:37 AM UTC-5, sf wrote:

> I saw a quick & easy idea today on Pinterest that looked interesting -
> enchilada sloppy joes. Of course, you have to like both and be fairly
> open minded... otherwise, forget it.
> http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/ench...py-joe-recipe/

When I was a lass and Mexican food came to the Detroit suburbs
in the form of (you guessed it) Taco Bell, they had a "Bellburger",
which was some of their ground meat stuff on a hamburgur bun, with
shredded lettus and whatnot. It made a good introduction to TexMex-ish
food for a somewhat picky and timid eater (my younger self).

The concept is still attractive, although not at (shudder) Taco Bell
More authentic Mexican food has come to southeast Michigan, and I'm
more likely to order carnitas or al pastor. Still, a homemade
version redolent of cumin might be tasty on a bun. Then again, when
we make sloppy joes, we add enough cayenne and tabasco to make them
somewhat "sparky", anyhow.

Cindy Hamilton