Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet B Janet B is offline

Default Chinese-Style Grilled Pork Tenderloin

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 09:23:05 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 09:20:03 -0700, Janet B >
>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 03:20:35 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>> snip
>> >
>> >It was this Saturday morning's demo/recipe on Americas Test
>> >Kitchen/Cooks Country. I watched it and it was an embarrassing
>> >episode. No marination for a terribly White piece of pork. Chinese
>> >BBQ pork needs glucose syrup - not ketchup and molasses!

>> See Step 2
>>
>> snip
>> >-sw

>> Janet US

>Yet, ketchup and molasses is the way the Chinese people I've watched
>make it and it doesn't marinate much, if any. Not sure why my reply
>to you with the full recipe didn't post last night. Agree with him
>about char siu being baked... but that's what Americanized Chinese do.
>The rest buy it as takeout from a Chinese deli.

I got the recipe from your post last night. Thanks. I guess I'm just
not clued in enough on Chinese food that I would find the recipe
lacking. I can find the ingredients for it, I can see that I will be
able to make it, it looks like it will taste wonderful grilled. I'm
happy with that.
Thanks for taking the trouble to get the recipe for me.
Janet US