Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Delicious Mom's Boiled Custard

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2015-02-19 14:54, wrote:
>
>>> Did not help that the front door knob fell off this morning at 5:00
>>> a.m. I had to find a 24/7 locksmith then wait for him to come.

>> "Hardly. I don't make enough to live on" Uh-huh...
>>
>> I guess in bove-world there is no back door to use for a few hours,
>> then get a cheaper locksmith to sort the problem during normal
>> business hours. Or let a neighbour, husband or whoever fix it for
>> you for free.

> Of course the door knob would spontaneously break off at 5 am and require
> the services of a locksmith. Any jackass can figure a way to secure a
> door closed for a few hours, go to a hardware store and buy a new door
> knob and lock set. It is a 5 minute job to replace it.

The door was secured. The door wouldn't open! And neither would the storm
door which I had locked. I don't know how to remove a broken door knob much
less put a new one on and I was in far too much pain to attempt to tackle
that. Plus I wanted a new deadbolt and 4 keys. Whatever. The job is done
now.

>>> I was still fully dressed but had a bathrobe on over my clothes to
>>> try to increase the warmth to my leg muscles. I could neither sit
>>> nor stand well so I was partway on and partway off of the
>>> unreclined recliner, thrashing this way and that trying to seek
>>> relief. Thankfully he was a fast worker so I was able to get to
>>> bed around 8::00.

>> WTF? Why didn't you sleep and *then* get the lock fixed?

I was not comfortable with the situation.

> What? And not be able to use the back door at 5 am?

Right. Too hard for me to get up and down from the deck.

>>> I wouldn't wish this sort of pain on anyone. It's not a fun way to
>>> live.

>> You bring it on yourself in so many ways (if any of this is even
>> true).
>>

> She brings on herself?? I would not wish that pain on anyone, but if it
> was anyone else I would be more likely to believe it.

Nobody brings medical problems on themselves. Perhaps with a few
exceptions. Like people who do not do what they are supposed to.