Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_3_] Jeßus[_3_] is offline

Default Delicious Mom's Boiled Custard

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 15:24:23 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2015-02-19 14:54, wrote:
>
>>> Did not help that the front door knob fell off this morning at 5:00
>>> a.m. I had to find a 24/7 locksmith then wait for him to come.

>> "Hardly. I don't make enough to live on" Uh-huh...
>>
>> I guess in bove-world there is no back door to use for a few hours,
>> then get a cheaper locksmith to sort the problem during normal
>> business hours. Or let a neighbour, husband or whoever fix it for
>> you for free.

>Of course the door knob would spontaneously break off at 5 am and
>require the services of a locksmith. Any jackass can figure a way to
>secure a door closed for a few hours, go to a hardware store and buy a
>new door knob and lock set. It is a 5 minute job to replace it.
>>

>>> I was still fully dressed but had a bathrobe on over my clothes to
>>> try to increase the warmth to my leg muscles. I could neither sit
>>> nor stand well so I was partway on and partway off of the
>>> unreclined recliner, thrashing this way and that trying to seek
>>> relief. Thankfully he was a fast worker so I was able to get to
>>> bed around 8::00.

>> WTF? Why didn't you sleep and *then* get the lock fixed?

>What? And not be able to use the back door at 5 am?
>

>>> I wouldn't wish this sort of pain on anyone. It's not a fun way to
>>> live.

>> You bring it on yourself in so many ways (if any of this is even
>> true).
>>

>She brings on herself?? I would not wish that pain on anyone, but if it
>was anyone else I would be more likely to believe it.

By that I meant her lifestyle, diet and general attitude.
Assuming any of what she has posted here is true, of course...

I have a bad back myself, and for the most part I push through the
pain and am physically active on a daily basis. I do usually smoke
some weed a few hours after going to sleep - my back won't allow me
the sleep uninterrupted much more than the first 2-3 hours, and the
weed makes a big difference with getting back to sleep for a few more
hours.

I might have 4 or so 'episodes' per year where I can barely walk and
will take pharmaceutical painkillers (if I have any available).

Most guys half my age could never keep up with me (and they don't,
IME). If I had bove's attitude, I would be obese, unfit and
compounding my back pain problems.