Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Delicious Mom's Boiled Custard

On 2015-02-19 14:54, wrote:

>> Did not help that the front door knob fell off this morning at 5:00
>> a.m. I had to find a 24/7 locksmith then wait for him to come.

> "Hardly. I don't make enough to live on" Uh-huh...
>
> I guess in bove-world there is no back door to use for a few hours,
> then get a cheaper locksmith to sort the problem during normal
> business hours. Or let a neighbour, husband or whoever fix it for
> you for free.

Of course the door knob would spontaneously break off at 5 am and
require the services of a locksmith. Any jackass can figure a way to
secure a door closed for a few hours, go to a hardware store and buy a
new door knob and lock set. It is a 5 minute job to replace it.

>> I was still fully dressed but had a bathrobe on over my clothes to
>> try to increase the warmth to my leg muscles. I could neither sit
>> nor stand well so I was partway on and partway off of the
>> unreclined recliner, thrashing this way and that trying to seek
>> relief. Thankfully he was a fast worker so I was able to get to
>> bed around 8::00.

> WTF? Why didn't you sleep and *then* get the lock fixed?

What? And not be able to use the back door at 5 am?

>> I wouldn't wish this sort of pain on anyone. It's not a fun way to
>> live.

> You bring it on yourself in so many ways (if any of this is even
> true).

She brings on herself?? I would not wish that pain on anyone, but if it
was anyone else I would be more likely to believe it.