Old 03-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Dee Randall

Default Biscotti problem

"Anny Middon" wrote in message
. ..
Before Christmas I made a biscotti recipe from the booklet that came with

my
new Cuisinart food processor. The resulting cookies (these were the
twice-baked "dunker" style of biscotti) had great flavor and texture, but
when I sliced the baked log it fell apart somewhat, leaving me with quite

few broken cookies. I baked them anyway, but it was a bit disappointing.

A couple of weeks ago, I made two other biscotti recipes, again using my
food processor to mix the dough. Again I had problems with them crumbling
when I cut the logs of baked dough.

Is it mixing the dough with my food processor that is causing the problem?
Or is it something else -- not baking the logs long enough or not letting
them cool enough before slicing?

I followed the recipes in terms of ingredients, baking times, and cooling
times. I'll be happy to post the recipes I used if need be.

Anny

I do this:
Spritz your biscotti a moment or so before cutting and keep it spritzed
while cutting. This prevents it from falling apart while cutting. It must
have something to do with not allowing the biscotti to form the slightest
crust which, of course, would have to be broken with a knife, hence causing
a broken biscotti.
Hope this helps.
Dee