Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default yellow cake mix

"dsi1" > wrote in message
\> Did you see the episode of America's Test Kitchen where they made it?
Gee,
> all the hoops they had to go through. And it's the sort of thing I would
> have made when I was younger had I heard of it then. I used to love
> making
> complicated things. Not sure anyone in my family would have liked it
> though. We're not big dairy lovers.

I have not seen that episode. The concept is not a difficult one though. You
make a sponge cake with a good amount of eggs, poke holes in it, put a sweet
mix of canned milk and cream on it and let it soak to the bottom. Frost with
a whipped cream based frosting. The idea is kind of goofy in this country
but a Mexican or South American wouldn't find it goofy at all.

---

They claimed that they had all sorts of problems with the normal recipe. I
read somewhere that on that show they look for problems that aren't really
there and reinvent the wheel. I think in a lot of cases this is true!