Ray Audette

(Steve) wrote in message > >
> > I'm not the only person studing or writing about Paleolithic Nutrition
> > ( only the most popular.

> In other words you are late in publishing another derivation of the low carb fad?

Yes, I'm very late into the game. Williams Banting's "Letter on
Corpulence" (1853) was on the best-seller lists for decades. It was
his work and that of Dr. James Salisbury's ( inventor of the
"Sailsbury Steak")" The Relation of Alimentation and Disease"
(1888)that began the low-carb craze. It was it's results that has
kept it in business.

Today Amazon.com lists over 195 low-carb diet books and such works
have been continiously on best-seller lists since Banting. Mine (
1995) was one of six selected from this list for review by Time
Magazine in their May 3, 2004 issue. Atkin's diet products sold an
estimated $800,000,000 last year (ibid. Time).

Paleolithic Nutrition is a sub-set of such dieting. It is based on
the diet of humans before technology and for 2 million years (hardly a
"fad")was the only diet humans ate. Books on this topic have been
around since Vilhjalmur Stefansson's "Cancer Disease of Civilization"
(1960). There are currently several paleolithic diet books available.
See
www.paleodiet.com for listings and reviews.

Paleolithic Nutrition saved my life. My work has saved many others.
It is their encouragement that keeps me posting.

Ray (I'm no AtkinsAudette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com