Old 03-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

Default Biscotti problem

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:25:58 GMT, "Anny Middon"
wrote:

Before Christmas I made a biscotti recipe from the booklet that came with my
new Cuisinart food processor. The resulting cookies (these were the
twice-baked "dunker" style of biscotti) had great flavor and texture, but
when I sliced the baked log it fell apart somewhat, leaving me with quite a
few broken cookies. I baked them anyway, but it was a bit disappointing.

A couple of weeks ago, I made two other biscotti recipes, again using my
food processor to mix the dough. Again I had problems with them crumbling
when I cut the logs of baked dough.

Is it mixing the dough with my food processor that is causing the problem?
Or is it something else -- not baking the logs long enough or not letting
them cool enough before slicing?

I followed the recipes in terms of ingredients, baking times, and cooling
times. I'll be happy to post the recipes I used if need be.

Anny

Did the second baking come before or after the cutting?

I think cutting after the first bake then quickly slicing when still
very hot, and afterwards setting in for the second bake would do it.

(From what I recall of Mandelbrot.)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
davida @ jdc . org . il