Old 24-01-2015, 09:08 PM posted to alt.food.wine
santiago santiago is offline

Default Chateau Larose-Trintaudon Haut-Medoc 2007

Michael Nielsen wrote in
:

Ive had one madiran before that I found on sale for 16E down from 22E.
I liked it. Dont remember which one and its not available anymore. was
a kinda small and simple label.

In Madiran there are two very interesting names that I have drank with
delight: Domaine Berthomieu, specially in the Cuvée Charles de Batz, and
Chateau Montus.

I tasted Montus 2009 at a recent tasting and loved it. Showed up in Vente à
la Proprieté a few weeks later and got a case. It is built for the long
term, and priced below 20 euro.

I even got a bottle of the 2004 at a local merchant around the corner. Not
as good as the 2009 but also at 20 euro a very good drink, with plenty of
tannin and the dusty character you seem to like.

s.