Posted to alt.food.wine
Sheila Page[_2_] Sheila Page[_2_] is offline

Default Chateau Larose-Trintaudon Haut-Medoc 2007

In message >,
Michael Nielsen > writes
>Chateau Larose-Trintaudon Haut-Medoc 2007 ***
>
>First time I buy a cheap french wine in a supermarket in many years
>paid off. I was shopping and saw this one for 16E, and I felt
>adventurous. Haut Medoc/Paulliac are my favourite french regions, so
>there was a chance I'd like it, while I didnt expect much since I never
>had one in a supermarket that was good. It was a dark fruity with
>mineral, but very smooth, lacking some texture (that could have given
>it 4 stars). Not as acidic and thin as french wine often is.
>

>Pictu
>
>http://www.wiredforwine.com/featured...rintaudon-haut
>-medoc-2009-91pts

I am glad to hear it is still a reliable supermarket wine: many years
ago when I had regular trips to/from Brussels from London (and you could
still bring back an arm full of bottles), this was a standby from the
supermarket near the North station

Sheila
--
---