Posted to rec.food.cooking
tert in seattle tert in seattle is offline

Default On waffles, pancakes, and Laura Ingalls Wilder

Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 6:10:04 PM UTC-6, tert in seattle wrote:
>>

>> not sure how I'd vote on Bryan's literary efforts but at least it
>> has some entertainment value
>>

> Did you read Winter's Present? Interestingly, another woman in Seattle
> gave it a 1-star review, stating that it was "one of the worst books I've
> ever read." I imagine that many folks would feel that way if they read it.

no, sorry, it is a little far down on my reading list

> I've taken to advising folks to give it what I call the Mac Arthur's Park
> test. Anyone who thinks that MacArthur Park is a beautiful song that
> could almost move the person to tears really should read Winter. Likewise,
> anyone who thinks that MacArthur Park is so completely awful, that it's
> actually good in a twisted way should read it. Everyone else (the majority
> of folks) might want to pass on it, though it does have some humor that is
> independent of liking the story.
>
> It is free one last time, from midnight to midnight PST on Valentine's Day.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Winters-Presen.../dp/B00QJPEI6M
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwYQgk05DY
>
> --Bryan

okay I found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUPSilcJFrQ

and all I can think is, WHAT THE HELL

not sure where that puts me on your scale

but I will make a mental note of the free offer