Posted to rec.food.preserving
Dave Balderstone[_4_] Dave Balderstone[_4_] is offline

Default quiet times

In article >, songbird
> wrote:

> George Shirley wrote:
> > looks like a real tree and is only three feet tall. <G> Wish I had kept
> > my Mother's fifties aluminum tree, it was easier to put up and had a
> > nice rotating light shedding different colors on the tree.

> we had one of those. very funny. i don't recall
> what happened to it, but i do remember spending a
> fair amount of time under that tree with a flashlight
> casting sparkles around the walls.

When I was young, Christmas Eve was the big event on my Mom's side
(German). I remember a real tree, in a rotating musical stand, with
(wait for it) REAL candles burning. One of the older kids was always in
charge of monitoring the candles when they were lit.

Obligatory preserving note: Grandma's sauerkraut was always made in big
earthenware crocks in the cellar. Best stuff in the world...

--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes