Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default Merry Christmas

George Shirley wrote:
> We wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year and that
> your gardens are prolific and the canning is all done right and tasty.

> George, Miz Anne, and Tilly Dawg

thank you George! i hope you all have a great
Christmas too. i'm always glad and envious to hear
of gardens exploits this time of the year.

it's nice to finally be on the upside slope with
the days getting longer now.

in 8-16 weeks we'll have spring flowers and i'll
be able to see which seeds i put out to stratify in
the winter cold have come through. i had a lot of
seeds from these this year:

http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_7219_Miss_Blue.jpg

so it will be interesting to see how many sprout or
perhaps they will take a few years to sprout or are
not viable. dunno. i'm always enjoying seeing how
things like this go as time progresses. even if they
do sprout it may take four or five years or longer
to get to flowering size... i have a ton of tulips,
crocus, and other seeds scattered around too. more
things to give the critters a challenge if they try
to eat them all.

not much else going on, but we'll enjoy the season
for sure, i am liking having some time for reading
and coding and otherwise taking it easy other than
a few walks now and again. i'm sure there will
eventually be snow to shovel. we finally got
another shovel so perhaps it won't snow this winter?

songbird