Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default into and over

On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 19:22:50 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> That one made me wonder. I know that apple jack is made by freezing hard
> cider. The watery stuff freezes while the alcohol remains liquid. I
> keep a bottle of vodka and a bottle of Akvavit in my freezer and it does
> not freeze so I have a little difficulty understanding why someone
> giving advice would suggest making boozicles.

I had the same reaction, but maybe they use liquid nitrogen and
stainless steel ice cube trays to do it. Whatever the technique, GZ
or JZ or whatever the Iron Chef's name is didn't bat an eyelash and
he's the bar tendering guru on that show.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room.