Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet B Janet B is offline

Default into and over

On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 17:42:31 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2014-12-20 5:04 PM, sf wrote:
>
>>> I don't really understand why it would matter to her if someone licked their
>>> fingers to open a plastic bag since it's their bag? Now, if they licked
>>> their fingers and touched her bags, she would have a gripe coming. As far as
>>> iced diluting a drink, it's not really a huge problem unless someone is
>>> taking an hour or so to drink it.
>>>

>> I agree with you and Jill about the plastic bag thing. Why care?
>> It's their bag, not yours.

>People are funny about things that aren't really their business.
>
>On a related note... I saw something strange a while ago. I was walking
>from the parking lot to the Y gym. There was a bunch of trash on the
>parking lot. Some moron had dumped a bunch of fast food wrappers and
>cups on the ground. There was a couple ahead of me and the guy was going
>apeshit over it. He said something to his wife, looked disdainfully at
>the mess, pointed, did a lot of shoulder shrugging, dirty looks at the
>mess. He went on and on about this litter. But did he bend over and
>pick it up? No. Of course not.

Reminds me of walking the paths in Yellowstone and hearing the city
woman ahead of me exclaiming to her husband about a nearby Bison. The
Bison was snorting at her and crapping at the same time. The woman
was irate that the Forest Service didn't keep the animals away from
people in Yellowstone. Some people just don't get it.
Janet US