Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sharon[_7_] Sharon[_7_] is offline

Default Twice Baked Potato

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 12/11/2014 6:43 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 12/11/2014 6:23 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I have always used butter in many things, and always in mashed potato
>>> I have never believed the stories about it when they were trying to make
>>> us buy pretendy butter instead. Nothing beats the real thing
>>>

>> All through my childhood my mother used margarine because it was less
>> costly.

> My mother totally bought into the healthier thing, but knowing her,
> the cheaper thing was a big factor, too. Not knocking her, just
> saying.

Cheapness was a big factor in those days, and sometimes in these too.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Cheap was the reason my parents used margarine. I hated it. When I
visited my grandmother, I didn't ask for cookies, but bread with real
butter. When I was newly married, my parents dropped by as we were
finishing supper. Mom looked at our table and said with raised eyebrows "
you use butter?". Lol I've never used margarine in my home.....Sharon in
Canada