Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Twice Baked Potato

On 12/11/2014 6:23 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Oregonian Haruspex" > wrote in message
>> On 2014-12-11 03:07:33 +0000, koko said:
>>
>>> Dinner tonight was twice baked potatoes. The potatoes were mashed with
>>> Parmesan cheese and butter, then stuffed back into the shells and
>>> topped with crispy capicola and scallions. After a trip back into the
>>> oven for a few minutes, it's time to eat.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/qnpauH
>>>
>>> koko

>> Good real butter is just awesome in twice baked potatoes. My wife has
>> started whipping it into mashed potatoes as well as some cream - it's
>> really excellent!

How else would she make them? Potatoes, butter, milk or cream is pretty
much the recipe for mashed potatoes.

> I have always used butter in many things, and always in mashed potato
> I have never believed the stories about it when they were trying to make
> us buy pretendy butter instead. Nothing beats the real thing

All through my childhood my mother used margarine because it was less
costly. Butter was reserved for holiday dinners. These days butter
often costs less than margarine and it sure as heck tastes better.

Jill