Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default infused vodka?

On 2014-05-17 12:50 PM, sf wrote:

> I've been looking at recipes this morning and am wondering if the
> fresh pineapple used to make pineapple vodka can be used for something
> else (like pineapple upside down cake) or if it's rendered flavorless
> and should just be thrown out?

FWIW... I regularly make raspberry hooch using Alcool sugar and
raspberries. The recipe is a quart a quart and a pound. It sits for a
few months and then you pour it off and filter it. The colour and
flavour is infused into the alcohol. I have tried eating the leftover
berries. They are very pale and there is little raspberry taste left in
them. It is has been sucked into the booze.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
* Origin: e> (1:249/999)
--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92
SpaceSST BBS Usenet <> Fidonet Gateway