Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion
[email protected]. mur.@.not. is offline

Default Why Be Vegetarian - by Dr. Stephen Knapp

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 16:21:01 -0800, wrote:

>On 11/28/2014 10:59 AM, Derek wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 01:15:26 GMT,
and/or

www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>>> Many portions of the Vedic literature describe how the
>>> Supreme Being is the maintainer of innumerable living
>>> entities, humans as well as the animals, and is alive in
>>> the heart of every living being. Only those with
>>> spiritual consciousness can see the same Supreme Being in
>>> His expansion as Supersoul within every creature. To be
>>> kind and spiritual toward humans and be a killer or enemy
>>> toward animals is not a balanced philosophy, and exhibits
>>> one's spiritual ignorance.
>>>
>>> The next reason for being vegetarian is to consider the
>>> amount of fear and suffering that animals experience in
>>> the slaughter industry. There are countless stories of
>>> how in fear cows cry, scream, and sometimes fall down
>>> dead while inside or even before they are taken into the
>>> slaughter house. Or how the veins of dead pigs are so big
>>> that it shows they have practically exploded from the
>>> fear the pig felt and the adrenalin that was produced
>>> while it was being led to slaughter. This certainly
>>> causes an immense amount of violence to permeate the
>>> atmosphere, which goes out and falls back on us in some
>>> form. Furthermore, the adrenalin and fear in the animal
>>> also produces toxins which then permeate the body of
>>> these animals, which meat-eaters ingest. People who
>>> consume such things cannot help but be effected by it. It
>>> causes tensions within them individually, which then
>>> spreads in their relations with others.
>>>
>>> The ancient Vedic text of the Manu-samhita (5.45-8) says,
>>> "He who injures innoxious beings from a wish to give
>>> himself pleasure never finds happiness, neither living
>>> nor dead. He who does not seek to cause the suffering of
>>> bonds and death to living creatures, but desires the good
>>> of all beings, obtains endless bliss. . . Meat can never
>>> be obtained without injury to living creatures, and
>>> injury to sentient beings is detrimental to the
>>> attainment of heavenly bliss; let him therefore shun the
>>> use of meat."

>> Yeah, well, maybe you ought to learn just how cruel your religion really.
>>
>> http://dailym.ai/1tyw9tZ

>Sweet mother of ****. Those pictures are shocking beyond words.

"The last time the festival was held, in 2009, more than 250,000 animals were
killed, according to animal rights organisation PETA"

I wonder if that's more dogs and cats than PeTA killed during the same time
period, Goob.

>Religion is shit. There are plenty of vile irrational belief systems,
>but religion is among the worst.

IF:
"NO livestock benefit from being farmed." - Goo

"No farm animals benefit from farming." - Goo

"There is nothing to "appreciate" about the livestock "getting
to experience life" - Goo

""Getting to experience life" has no significance." - Goo

"It is not "better" in any moral way, and not in *any* way
at all to the animal itself, that the animal exists." - Goo

"There is no consideration whatever to be given to any animals' "getting to
experience life."" - Goo

"The "experiencing" of life is morally meaningless." - Goo

"Existence - "getting to experience life" - is not a benefit or advantage
to an entity, compared with never existing." - Goo

etc...etc...etc...
then what makes it vile and irrational when they lose their lives, Goo?