sf

Default about 9-year-old who won't eat healthy food

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:18:51 GMT, Ted Campanelli
> wrote:

> There is no such thing as an unruly child or dog, just ineffectual
> parents/owners.

First of all I don't believe in heaping food on kids plates.
That's a good way to get into a food fight. If they want
more of something, they can always ask for it.

However, I did have the 3 bite rule. Take 3 bites (which
didn't need to be huge), chew and swallow each one. If you
still don't like it at the end of swallow #3, you don't have
to finish - but at least you tasted it.

My 27 year old son says he used to hate me for that rule
because by bite #4 he usually liked it and hated to admit I
was right after all. LOL

sf