Julia Altshuler

Default OT - about 9-year-old who won't eat healthy food

raymond wrote:

> It's useless to try to *ask* a nine-year-old to do anything. You
> *tell* a nine-year-old to finish the plate.

This speaks volumes about the way you relate to people, not just
children. What a sad situation where 9 year olds are so unhappy with
their own parents that they won't do anything the parents say unless
coerced. I imagine it is the same way with your co-workers, employees,
and wife. Notice I didn't say friends. Do you have any? How do you
get them to eat at your home unless you tell them to finish what's on
their plate?

In my world, kids are essentially cooperative. There are times now and
then when they might get yelled at, have a privilege removed, be on the
receiving end of a lecture or be put in a time out, but those times are
short lived and rare. The rest of the time, no orders are given, and
everyone cooperates with everyone else in a spirit of love and fun.

--Lia