Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default PBDCs!

George Shirley wrote:
> We like kraut too, problem is the heat and humidity here. Every time I
> try to make kraut it goes bad quickly. I think your climate is much
> cooler. For example, we're in the low sixties this morning.

i'm certainly not a kraut expert, so i cannot
really say how much temperature makes a difference.

i've never made kimchi for example, but the
folks in the asian tropics get by, might be
worth exploring, kimchi light (less heat )?

> I'm pretty sure it is just old seed, DW saves stuff for years and then
> wonders why it doesn't germinate.

heheh, probably...

once in a while i get old containers of wild flower
seeds that i've packed away and scatter them around
the less formal corners of the yard/gardens, a few
may sprout and take.

songbird