Julia Altshuler

Default Making Wine Vinegar question

wrote:
> This technique yields just one bottle, however. For a steady supply of
> vinegar, take a wide-mouthed glass jug whose capacity is at least a gallon
> and pour a quart of wine and a cup of vinegar into it.

Let me add to this good advice. When you start with that cup of
vinegar, make sure you get cider vinegar from the health food store with
live cultures in it. If you begin with pasteurized from the
supermarket, you do get something that tastes like vinegar, but really
the whole process is a waste in terms of flavor.

--Lia