Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Whole Wheat Bread Flour

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:02:05 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:59:50 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
>>>news >>>> On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 23:08:13 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>>I actually haven't found *any* recipes that call for whole wheat bread
>>>flour. Only whole wheat flour and bread flour. I know about whole wheat
>>>pastry flour. I used it up and don't intend to buy more. We just don't
>>>eat
>>>much in the way of sweets here.

>> "Only whole wheat flour and bread flour" is whole wheat bread flour
>> and white bread flour.
>> Whole wheat flour in a bread recipe is understood to be whole wheat
>> bread flour. The only other option for whole wheat is whole wheat
>> pastry flour. . Recipes do not specifically call for Whole Wheat Bread
>> Flour because it is expected that everyone will know that it means the
>> stuff that isn't pastry flour. Whole wheat flour that isn't whole
>> wheat pastry flour is bread flour,.
>> Read it all again, slowly.
>> Janet US

>No! The recipes that I see call for regular bread flour and whole wheat
>flour. And it is not understood to be that because other people are asking
>the same question. If they meant whole wheat bread flour and whole wheat
>white flour then it would say that. The recipe I have been using
>specifically calls for bread flour *and* whole wheat flour. Not the same
>thing. And yes, I know that it isn't pastry flour. And neither is whole
>wheat flour. Methinks you don't know what you are talking about. Whole
>Wheat Pastry flour is not the same as Whole Wheat flour which also isn't the
>same as Whole Wheat Bread flour.

Look here
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/flours/
and then here
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recip...s-bread-recipe

yes, I understand the bread flour and whole wheat flour thing. I know
they are not the same thing. I can't help if you are reading comments
from others who don't understand. I'm telling you how it is. Ask
Ophelia or Graham or cshenk. You are reading what I have said
incorrectly.