james

Default Alcohol content in wild yeast wine?

Folks that I know like to make "wine" without using wine yeast. I
guess that they depend on wild yeast. Some of their wine that I have
tasted tastes like sweetened vinegar. They say that it is wine, I
think that it is vinegar. I don't have a test that I can perform on
the wine to prove an alcohol content.My nose is not sensitive enough
to detect the vinegar odor. Is there an objective test to settle such
a disagreement? Can alcohol and vinegar both exist in the same liquid?
Thanks,
James