Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Grilling meat hook

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:39:51 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2014-10-30 22:35, wrote:
>

> >> How can something that is basically straight nor be ambidextrous?
> >> Maybe it is the clockwise / counterclockwise issue. As we discussed
> >> recently, some people have trouble with that. Left handed or right
> >> handed it doesn't really matter.
> >>

> > It IS the clockwise/counterclockwise issue that makes the difference
> > in being able to use these grilling hooks without awkwardly twisting
> > the wrist. Another backwards tool is a ladle with the little pouring
> > spout on the left side of the bowl, these are made for right handed
> > people. When a leftie uses such a ladle the spout portion is on the
> > wrong side of the bowl; if you have such a ladle trying pouring
> > something out of it using your left hand.
> >

> Maybe you should spend some time training yourself to be somewhat
> ambidextrous. I can do most things like that with either hand. I can now
> write almost as well with my left hand as I can with my right, but it
> slower. I can't see the clockwise being and issue for handedness.
>
> I have to admit that I would not try to chop something with a cleaver
> with my left hand while holding it with my right.

I DO do many things with my right hand but using tools, whether it's a grilling hook, a screw driver, a drill, a gun or a spatula goes into my dominant hand where more control is exerted. And no, I wouldn't chop or slice something with my right hand either. I've tried to use left hand scissors but can't get the hang of them; cutting is way off.