Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Grilling meat hook

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:29:44 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2014-10-30 3:05 AM, wrote:
>
> > I've got one, too. Got it at Home Depot and you're right, it's NOT ambidextrous. I wish I could find one that is made for lefties. I haven't looked online for one, have you even though you made your own?

> How can something that is basically straight nor be ambidextrous? Maybe
> it is the clockwise / counterclockwise issue. As we discussed recently,
> some people have trouble with that. Left handed or right handed it
> doesn't really matter.

It IS the clockwise/counterclockwise issue that makes the difference in being able to use these grilling hooks without awkwardly twisting the wrist. Another backwards tool is a ladle with the little pouring spout on the left side of the bowl, these are made for right handed people. When a leftie uses such a ladle the spout portion is on the wrong side of the bowl; if you have such a ladle trying pouring something out of it using your left hand.