Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grilling meat hook

On 2014-10-30 3:05 AM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:04:39 PM UTC-5, isw wrote:
>>
>> In article >,
>> sf > wrote:
>>
>>> Not sure why he thought he had to make one because they
>>> are ambidextrous.

http://www.firecraft.com/product/sta...ow-dollar-acce
>>> ssoies?s=FCWEB___GSHP&gclid=CKaIgvKU0sECFVKPfgodsH oA-A
>>> http://www.cutleryandmore.com/outset...urner-p121058?
>>> gclid=CPu0mYaV0sECFYVlfgodZY0A0w

>> They're not ambidextrous at all; that photo may be a bit misleading.
>>
>> The two bends are at right angles to one another; you pick up something
>> by rotating the point into it. Pick up the one in the photo with your
>> left hand, and you'll see that you have to twist your wrist clockwise to
>> hook something, and that's really awkward. Clockwise works fine in a
>> right hand, though.
>>
>> Isaac
>>

> I've got one, too. Got it at Home Depot and you're right, it's NOT ambidextrous. I wish I could find one that is made for lefties. I haven't looked online for one, have you even though you made your own?

How can something that is basically straight nor be ambidextrous? Maybe
it is the clockwise / counterclockwise issue. As we discussed recently,
some people have trouble with that. Left handed or right handed it
doesn't really matter.