Dana Myers

Default Jack daniels grilling sauce

Duwop wrote:

> True story, young guy came complaining that the print server terminal (PC)
> wasn't working. So I go check it out with him droning in my ear the whole
> way. Assessing the situation as I came up to it, I pushed the power button
> and walked away.

It's a little different, but I remember, years ago, at an
un-named previous employer, someone in the QA group decided
to play a joke on someone else in the QA group. The software
being tested was a TSR system-extension to MS-DOS 3.x - that's
how long ago it was - and the prankster had changed the
DOS prompt to the standard 'Error Reading blah-blah Abort, Retry,
Ignore?" that we used to see from DOS all the time.

The target of the prank spent two days trying to figure out
what was broken.

Truly, I had nothing to do with it...

For a naive user story, I was later in a group that
ran a distributed OS on something like 25 servers,
and they were generally distributed in offices. One
guy, non-technical, moved into an office with a
server that had maybe 10 user home directories on it,
and didn't like the sound of the disk chattering
when it was being used, so he simply turned the
machine off...

Dana