Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How do you stop the political promo calls?

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:46:55 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> S Viemeister wrote:
> >Brooklyn1 wrote:
> >
> >> I vote but I'm not registered, never registered.

> >If you're not registered, you can't vote.
> >I assume you mean that you haven't registered _as a member of a
> >particular political party_. Many people register as unaffiliated or
> >independent.

> You probably never vote or you'd know that one needs to register only
> to vote in the primaries, don't need to register to vote in the
> general election.

Leaving aside for the moment the difference between voter registration
and party affiliation, you don't seem to know that not every state has
closed primaries. It's up to the party leadership in each state.

Over the years, Michigan seems to have had a mix of open and closed
primaries. In an open primary, you may participate only in one party's
voting, but you don't need to be a member of the party to vote. When
that is the case, I try to figure out where my vote will do the most good,
and vote in that party's primary.

Shoot, some states don't even have primaries--they have caucuses.

Cindy Hamilton