Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Mexicanish soup

I made porcupine meatballs earlier this week with Mexican seasonings and
while good, they didn't work so well for my BG. I just had another food
intolerance test done and had to cut out potatoes, corn, barley, chickpeas
and a few other things. But those were the biggies there. BG has mostly
been in the normal range to just slightly above it with a few hypos, with
the exception of this meal. This particular recipe had extra rice baked
with it. And of course I made a double batch! And the meat that I used
wasn't cheap so...

Tomorrow I will pick out as much of the meat as I can. Some of the
meatballs fell apart a bit when I put it in a container in the fridge. Yes,
there is rice in the meat but I will just pick around the rice on its own
and put the meatballs into a soup. Just have to figure out what else to put
in it because corn would be what comes to mind first. I will use a can of
kidney beans though. And some more Rotel.