Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan-TGWWW Bryan-TGWWW is offline

Default Good-Bye

On Saturday, October 18, 2014 2:21:40 PM UTC-5, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 10/18/2014 2:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> All of that is fine with me, though I rarely use cash any more.

> >> I carry around maybe $40, the same $40 for weeks on end.

> >> I used to pay with cash, all I got for my trouble was extra trips to the

> >> ATM and whatever goes along with keeping bills and coins

> >> corralled.

> > Paying cash over a debit card saves time going reconciling your

> > statement every month for many small charges.

> Admittedly I don't live a life where I find myself buying
>
> coffee every day, things like that. Still, I have zero desire
>
> to use a debit card. I live on credit cards. Well, that sounds
>
> bad ... I mean, I pay with a credit card, and settle up when the
>
> bill comes in.
>

> > My bank is in the supermarket to I pass the ATM a couple of times a week

> > anyway. It would be a PITA to have to drive to an out of the way bank

> > or pay a fee to a foreign bank.

> I have an allergy to bank fees. Heh. As it turns out, I am
>
> reimbursed for a few foreign bank fees a month, but it doesn't
>
> come up as I only go to my bank's machines, and there are lots
>
> of them around.

We have two debit cards, both linked to the same checking account. One is
bank issued and we use that at only one store, ALDI, where we can also get
cash back. The other is a Target Red Card, good only at Target, but you
can get cash back with that too, and you get 5% off stuff you buy at Target,
which is where the Friskies canned cat food comes from, and we buy socks
there, and jeans for my son. Everywhere else we use the credit card, except
at fast food joints and other low cost places where we use cash. Oh, and we
pay cash at Costco too.

> nancy

--Bryan