Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Good-Bye

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 14:32:33 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> >
> > ????? After all this time?? I contacted them immediately. They talked to
> > the owner and the problem was acknowledged. They later said if they
> > didn't get the the hard copies I was not liable for the charges. They
> > never got them. So, pardon me if I don't have a lot of faith with CC
> > companies and fraud.

> I never said it was ideal. I said you have better legal protections in the
> US with credit cards vs. debit cards.

I don't know why cc companies operate differently between here and
Canada. I expect my cc company to take the charge off my bill and
deal with it themselves (which means they won't bother with an amount
like Dave's because it's so paltry - as evidenced by his experience).