Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Best of both worlds.

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Ian Field > wrote:
> : Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals,
> but
> : can still be done in the microwave?
>
> : Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a
> microwave,
> : but that general direction of food preparation.
>
> : The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
> : diabetic recipes.
>
> : Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.
>
> Most green vegetables can be simply prepared in the microwave. I also do
> a fish dish with plain(not breaded) fish sooked with onins salt and
> pepper, slices fo green pepper adnsome tomatoes either ripe fresh or
> canned. this can also be seasoned with some hot peppers or such or you
> can use a salsa as the main cooking sauce. time depeds on the thickness
> of the fish.
>
> jut something off the to of my head.

Just had another prod at the BBC food/recipes website.

This time I searched "low carb" - got some hits, but there are only 8
recipes listed.

Its a step in the right direction, but needs more people to show an
interest.

The BBC websites aren't just for Brits - anyone can look in.

The contact link is at the bottom of the page.