Nils Gustaf Lindgren

Default Corks, once more ...

> Nils, if a winery is affected, this does *not* explain why some
> bottles of a specific batch are tainted and others not. TCA
> contamination of a winery is extremely rare, I don't think more
> than 5 or 6 cases have been known worldwide in the past half
> century, although there have been two prominent Bordeaux estates
> among them: Ducru at the beginning of the 1990s and Canon a few years
> later.
>
> No, cork taint that happens at random (99.99 of all cork taints,
> imnsho) can *never* be attributed to a contaminated winery.

Thank you for putting me right. Concerning your other comments in this
thread, I remember Ian Hoare saying that he is not very sensitive to TCA,
but, that, he detects, in TCA-tainted wines, a lack of fruit (I apologise to
Ian if I misremember his statement). Is this in any way in line with what
you stated previously about "fruit scalping"? And, is this caused by the
presence of TCA, or are both ordinarily caused by some third, more original
fault?

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se