Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Best of both worlds.

On 10/02/2014 01:32 AM, Bjørn Steensrud wrote:
> Todd wrote:
>
>> On 10/01/2014 08:32 PM, W. Baker wrote:

>>> You, as poster, take quate a strong view adn express it strongly, making
>>> sound like you are the only one who has the right way. We all find
>>> different ways to control our diabtese and enjoy sharing ideas jus like
>>> recipes, but not being told that "I am the way adn you are stupid if you
>>> don't follow me and are damned to diabetic failure if you don't accept my
>>> views." You may not be aware of it, but this is how you come off. You
>>> have found wht works for YOU adn many of us gave you all kinds of recipes
>>> and cookign methods to get you to where you wanted to be. I am glad we
>>> were able to help, but remeber, to disgree wit you in a polite way is not
>>> crabbiness. I eat quite low car,or what I call moderate carb of 60-100
>>> grams a day adn it works for me as it has for more than 30 years, the
>>> last
>>> 17 or so on Metformin. That is what we mean by YMMV or "your mileeage
>>> may vary."

>> Wendy,
>>
>> To be quite blunt, no I do not. This is in your own mind.
>> Making things up and putting words into my mouth is not
>> politely disagreeing with me.
>>
>> This is why I think you are being effected by Metformin.
>> You must rely on others who will be honest with you as to
>> your behavior and if your personality has changed. You
>> can not judge it for yourself. Under Met, your internal
>> jerk meter is too screwed up for you to be able to tell.
>> Your are under a Chemical Haze.
>>
>> Now I never knew you before Metformin, so you may be this
>> way naturally. But I have to say, the jumping to conclusions,
>> flying off the handle, reading negative motives into things
>> that are innocuous is exactly what a Met Head acts like.
>>
>> So I vote 1+ for Metforming induces crabbiness.
>>
>> -T

> Todd,
>
> Please go back over this thread and read carefully - several times
> if necessary. You should be able to see that Wendy is correct.
> You DO come across the way she describes it. You and she may be
> "separated by a common language", and I'm not even a native speaker of that
> language, but I have known Wendy on the DM groups for about five years
> and crabby she is not. I have experience with others (in person) on
> Metformin and have never noticed any of the symptoms you describe so
> vividly.
>
> Oh, and I'm on glimepiride, reduced carb and increased exercise.
>
> One more thing comes to mind - you have a microwave but no oven.
> Over here there are tiny two-plate ranges with small ovens available,
> suitable for a studio apartment or a summer cabin. One of those might solve
> many of your cooking problems.
>
> Bjørn
> T2, 72 yo, bmi 23

Hi Bjørn,

This is just my opinion, so take it for what it is worth.
I see three kinds of T2's out these:

1) eat anything you want and use lots of drugs
2) eat moderate carbs and use (less) drugs, or
3) low carb and drug free?

I don't know of any #1 on this group, maybe Julie.
Most on this group I see as #2's. I think I am the
only #1. But who really cares.

So I went back and re-read what I wrote. The only
thing I found that could have been taken as condescending
was the part about picking out your shoes for your
prosthetic feet. And, I did not mean it condescending.
I meant it to be brutally serious. I have seen T2 mane
and kill people.

As far as being insulting, I insulted myself far more that
anyone else. Saying to be careful this happened to me,
is not telling you your are an arse hole. It is saying
you could be and not know it. I didn't.

I am on other low carb cooking groups and no one minds
the way I speak. They see it as a pep talk. Over
here, if I say "low carb", I am being condescending.
And of all places to be offended by a low carb comment,
a Diabetes group!

What I find really interesting and somewhat annoying
is that if you are doing what is working for you,
why would me telling you what I do be "Condescending".
I am only sharing my experience and thoughts on the
matter, not ordering anyone around. My intention
is to help others. And, the information I give
out was withheld to me. I had to find it out the
hard way. I wish I had never, never taken that
(controlled dosage of a) poison (Met).

The only thing I can think of is that #2's (throw in
a little Met) really are tired of being lectured
about carbs and want to eat what they want to eat.
So they snap at the next person that raises the subject.
So along comes Todd with his Primal and low carb and
Pow! Like walking on egg shells

By the way, the other cooking groups I am also on are
low carb by choice not because they are forced to.
(Sometimes I will share a recipe from them here,
if I think other will like it.)

That is one of the reasons why I think low carb is such
a sore subject in these parts (Met doesn't help).
And the other groups love to hear about it. One
is by choice, the other is not.

Anyway, I had several people I apologized to also
tell me they didn't notice anything. Guess you take it
out on those closest to you.

A lot of people have experienced "Depression" from
Metformin. A web search is litter with it.

http://community.diabetes.org/t5/Adu...in/td-p/248424

"Had/Having a depressive episode. Can't work, can't
function, can't cope. Haven't had an episode in ten years.
All of a sudden I trace back my depression to November ----
viola --- that is when I started taking metformin. "

And depression causes you to be crabby and paranoid delusional.
And, yes, maybe not everyone. This group shows a lot of it.

And as far as Wendy goes, I have tried making friends
with her on several occasions. I would say the sky is
blue, she would say I way condescending. I have asked
her repeatedly to show me in my writing were I made
such a social mistake. She comes back with it is the
tone in my writing. She just doesn't like me, which
is her right. Towards me, she acts like a Met Head.
Towards other she does not, which is a good thing.
I did not act badly to every one either.

She even said I ran off in a Huff. Do you know what
an act of friendship that was for me to post
a cute video of a cat? I despise the things. You
would too, if a reaction to one almost killed someone
your loved. They are a curse on humanity.

Anyway, I am only sharing my experience with others
to be of help. If I was trying to be condescending,
there are far easier way to do it. I would certainly
take a hit on myself and include my own behavior as a
met head in my missives.

Mark Twain actually liked cats. Finally found something
I don't like about him.

-T

Ignorant people think it is the noise which fighting cats
make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it is
the sickening grammar that they use.
Mark Twain