Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default list of food for a diabetic?

"riche" > wrote in message

> Here i am going to share list of foods which are good for diabetics
> patients
> Bran
> Oats
> Wheat
> Brown rice
> Lima beans
> Pinto beans
> Tomatoes
> Turnips
> Squash
> Dill pickles

Where did you get that list and why do you say that these are good? That
just makes no sense. In general if you eat foods that are low in carbs,
they aren't going to affect your blood sugar much. But you also need to eat
a balanced diet. Things like bran, oats, wheat, rice and dried beans could
affect your BG (blood glucose). Just how much they will affect it depends
on how much you eat, what you eat them with and how your body works.

As I said in another reply, I can not eat lentils. I can't even eat two
bites of them. They *will* spike me. Thankfully they are not a favorite
food. But I eat beans every single day. Pinto, kidney, black, white, small
red, all kinds. I also eat honey whole wheat bread for breakfast every
morning. I recently started making my own. Yesterday I had two pieces with
margarine. I have a dairy intolerance so can't eat butter. My BG (blood
glucose) was 87 at two hours after I ate. That's a very good number. But
again, that's me. I can't tell you what to eat or not eat. That's what
your meter is there for.