Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Carbohydrate

On 10/03/2014 02:56 AM, riche wrote:
> I just wanna ask a question which Carbohydrate foods are good for
> diabetics and which are bad..??
> Like brown rice are good for diabetics but white rice are not

Hi Riche,

There is no such thing as a "Healthy Carb". That is
marketing weasels trying to get you to buy stuff that
is bad for you. (I believed the "Healthy Carb"
nonsense and that is what injured me.)

There is no difference to your body with white or brown.
It is all a bag of sugar to your body.

You have to watch your carb count.

Now, if you ask can I just eat "a little" rice/wheat/corn/
potato/beans as long as I keep my carb count down, the answer
is "no" (maybe a little after you heal and you are really
careful). They are the same a consuming straight sugar.
And they will be absorbed just as rapidly, giving you a
blood sugar spike. It is the spikes that cause all the
inflammation to your body.

Basically, there are no good carbohydrates. You just have to
learn to count them.

Find yourself a good carb counting site. Here is one I
like:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Pay special attention to Glycemic Load. (It is on the bottom
of the site.)

Just a personal note: when I first started on drug free, I
was afraid that I could not find anything to eat and
that I would go hungry. Never happened. You just have
to learn how. It is pretty easy. And, I have never eaten so
well in my life! "Still hungry? Eat another sausage!"

And the human body prefers to burn (natural, not chemistry set)
fat. You will have more energy that you need. (Excess fat gets
blown and peed off as ketones. It is use or lose. To get
fat required insulin and carbs.)

-T