Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Best of both worlds.

"BjørnSteensrud" > wrote in message
> Todd wrote:
>
>> On 10/01/2014 08:32 PM, W. Baker wrote:

>>> You, as poster, take quate a strong view adn express it strongly, making
>>> sound like you are the only one who has the right way. We all find
>>> different ways to control our diabtese and enjoy sharing ideas jus like
>>> recipes, but not being told that "I am the way adn you are stupid if you
>>> don't follow me and are damned to diabetic failure if you don't accept
>>> my
>>> views." You may not be aware of it, but this is how you come off. You
>>> have found wht works for YOU adn many of us gave you all kinds of
>>> recipes
>>> and cookign methods to get you to where you wanted to be. I am glad we
>>> were able to help, but remeber, to disgree wit you in a polite way is
>>> not
>>> crabbiness. I eat quite low car,or what I call moderate carb of 60-100
>>> grams a day adn it works for me as it has for more than 30 years, the
>>> last
>>> 17 or so on Metformin. That is what we mean by YMMV or "your mileeage
>>> may vary."

>> Wendy,
>>
>> To be quite blunt, no I do not. This is in your own mind.
>> Making things up and putting words into my mouth is not
>> politely disagreeing with me.
>>
>> This is why I think you are being effected by Metformin.
>> You must rely on others who will be honest with you as to
>> your behavior and if your personality has changed. You
>> can not judge it for yourself. Under Met, your internal
>> jerk meter is too screwed up for you to be able to tell.
>> Your are under a Chemical Haze.
>>
>> Now I never knew you before Metformin, so you may be this
>> way naturally. But I have to say, the jumping to conclusions,
>> flying off the handle, reading negative motives into things
>> that are innocuous is exactly what a Met Head acts like.
>>
>> So I vote 1+ for Metforming induces crabbiness.
>>
>> -T

> Todd,
>
> Please go back over this thread and read carefully - several times
> if necessary. You should be able to see that Wendy is correct.
> You DO come across the way she describes it. You and she may be
> "separated by a common language", and I'm not even a native speaker of
> that
> language, but I have known Wendy on the DM groups for about five years
> and crabby she is not. I have experience with others (in person) on
> Metformin and have never noticed any of the symptoms you describe so
> vividly.
>
> Oh, and I'm on glimepiride, reduced carb and increased exercise.
>
> One more thing comes to mind - you have a microwave but no oven.

I'd be happy to show Todd how to bypass the door interlocks on a microwave
so he can turn it on with his head in it.

But seriously - I had a tabletop oven with rings on the top till the
thermostat contacts welded. I have salvaged a combo microwave/grill that
only needs very minor repair - but being a tightwad, I prefer to finish
wearing out the old microwave before swapping over.